Trips and reservations
How to get there
Ourense, as a urban reference of the intern Galicia, acts by its location as communications axis connecting the Atlantic Galicia with the rest of Spain. It is also closely connected with Portugal, as the border is only 60 km away.
By private car or by bus, there is a good infrastructure web which eases the trip. The main Galician cities, Coruña, Santiago de Compostela and Vigo are connected by motorways within 200 km.
The A-52 places the city 4 hours from Madrid, will the second Portuguese city, Oporto, is less than 2 hours away.
Coordinates: 42º20’11”N 7º51’48”W – 42.3379,-7.8638
- From Coruña and Santiago de Compostela: AP-53
- From Porto, Vigo, Madrid: A-52
- From Lugo: N-540
Connected with the rest of Spain by a AVE line, which connects Ourense with Madrid in two hours and a half, the new AVANT train connects a Coruña with Ourense in 1h. 10 minutes and with Santiago de Compostela in 38 minutes.
See the combinations on Renfe web page.
Even thought there isn’t an airport in Ourense, the good communications make the three international Galician airport truly close. The airport of Peinador in Vigo is 90 km away, Lavacolla in Santiago de Compostela is 115 km away and Alvedro in A Coruña is 176 km away.
It is also possible to travel from Sá Carneiro, in Porto, in less than two hours by car.
How to move around in Ourense
Visits the Urban buses of Ourense web page
Visit the Teletaxi Ourense web page
HOTEL CARRÍS-CARDENAL QUEVEDO****
Rúa Cardenal Quevedo, n 28
Book with the code IVCIAD. Special fee: 15% discount on the current fee.
Current fees (on which the 15% discount will be applied) -the ordinary feel can change-:
- Double room with individual use only accommodation: 85€ (-15%)
- Double room with individual use, accommodation and breakfast: 95€ (-15%)
- Double room, accommodation and breakfast: 105€ (-15%)
- Parking fee: 10€ car/day, depending on availability on arrive.
Rúa Bedoya n 17
Book as “Congreso sobre Auga e Dereito”. Special fee (buffet breakfast included):
- Double room (individual use): 56€
- Double room: 68€
Rúa Celso Emilio Ferreiro, 24
Book with the code 102977418: “Congreso Internacional sobre a auga e Dereito”. Special fee:
- Double room, accommodation and buffet breakfast: 99€
- Single room, accommodation and buffet breakfast: 89€
Rúa Reza, n 17
The hotel should be directly contacted and the reservation requested as “Congreso Auga e Dereito”. Special fee:
- Room 70€
- Breakfast: 11€
Av. da Habana n 45
Reservations must be made, mentioning the Congress, through email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Double room (individual use), accommodation and buffet breakfast: 55,00 €
- Double room, accommodation and buffet breakfast: 71,50 €
Rúa Hermanos Villar, 19 (with C/ San Miguel)
- Double room (individual use): 40€
- Double room: 55€
There is no breakfast service
R. Curros Enríquez, 1
Book with the code AGUA Y DERECHO (until 13/09/2022). Special fee: 5% discount accumulative over any fee.